In April 2020, I helped Campbell Hall (an independent school in LA) virtualize their traditional gala into a livestream celebration of the school community. On May 1, they smashed their event goal by raising over $1 million – becoming one of the first few nonprofits (and the first independent school) in the US to hit that mark during the pandemic.
In this webinar (recorded on May 21, 2020), I took attendees on a guided tour of the CH CARES event. Joined by the Campbell Hall fundraising team, we explored our transition to a virtual format and how we put all the puzzle pieces together so that other organizations could benefit from our experience.
• The tools and technology we used in streaming and fundraising
• The audience development and revenue model for the event
• How we built momentum with our communications plan
• The construction of a compelling live-streamed program
• Kurt Johnson, Director of Advancement, Campbell Hall
• Daphne Carr, Associate Director of Advancement, Campbell Hall
• Tracy Settel, Speciaal Events Manager, Campbell Hall
• Gabriel Butu, Independent Auctioneer