Today we are passing along word of tools and resources to help all of us manage our emotional health. (Most of the sentiment and resources in the beginning of this post come directly from Patty Hayes, Director of Public Health.)
As artists, creators, employers and leaders, it all starts with validating the emotions of those in your communities and promoting strategies for well-being and self-care.
Self-care is not just the responsibility of us as individuals, it is also the responsibility of the places we work, and the communities we live in.
So please, share these resources with employees and other folks across your networks:
- Crisis Connections provides many resources and support for anxiety, loneliness, recovery, and more. Language interpretation in more than 155 languages is available. Call 866-427-4747 or text HOME to 741741 for support.
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline provides trained counselors and support for stress, anxiety and more. Support available 24/7, 365 days a year. Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUS to 66746. Spanish-speakers can call the hotline and press “2” for bilingual support. Interpreters are available for 100 other languages.
- The Boys Town National Hotline is a free resource and counseling service that assists youth and parents 24/7, year round, nationwide. Spanish-speaking counselors and translation services for more than 100 languages also are available 24 hours a day. Call 1-800-448-3000, text VOICE to 20121, or email email@example.com to connect.
- King County’s Department of Community and Human Services provides publicly funded mental health and substance use services to low-income people in need.
- Additional resources and mental health resources can be found on Washington State Coronavirus resources website.
- The Национальная линия спасения от самоубийств это национальная сеть местных кризисных центров, предоставляющая бесплатную и конфиденциальную эмоциональную поддержку людям, находящимся в состоянии суицидального кризиса или эмоциональных расстройств, 24 часа в сутки, 7 дней в неделю.
- Для получения информации о психиатрической помощи или ресурсах для лечения психоактивных Линия восстановления Вашингтона at 1-866-789-1511 or (206) 461-3219] for TTY.
If you want to learn more about the behavioral health data and services that King County has available, check out https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/data/impacts/behavioral-health.aspx
By sharing resources and just being there for one another, we can help our friends, employees, neighbors and communities weather this crisis and get through this together.
Thank you for everything you’re doing to help our King County community thrive.