For the last 6 years, the Seattle Asian American Film Festival has proudly supported local artists by inviting them to perform at our CID Summer Cinema, and ensuring they are compensated for their work. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we weren’t able to host the event this year but will instead offer the Seattle Asian American Film Festival Artists Fund (SAAFF AF).
In lieu of a paid performance opportunity in person, SAAFF will offer two (2) grants of $1,000 each to performing artists of color who are currently working on projects that speak directly to Asian and Pacific Islander American and diasporic experiences. These projects should be short works (e.g. a song, dance performance, reading of an original poem, etc.) that can be showcased via video and will be completed within three months of the entry.
- Applicants must reside in King, Pierce, or Snohomish County
- Applications must be submitted by an artist of color
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older as of October 31, 2020
- Applicants must be working on a current performing arts project that can be shared via short video no longer than 10 minutes and no larger 650 MB
- Performing arts includes but is not limited to: dance, music, performance art
- Filmmakers/films will not be accepted, and should instead look to submit their completed projects to our festival at: https://filmfreeway.com/SeattleAsianAmericanFilmFestival
- Application must be submitted before 11:59 PM PST on October 31, 2020
- Works must align with SAAFF’s beliefs that the arts play a critical role in amplifying the voices of marginalized peoples and fostering social change
- Applicants must have the full rights to the final work submitted and be the original artists. If the work is found to not be original, neither SAAFF nor its affiliates will bear responsibility or liability for copyright infringement and the work will be removed from SAAFF’s website and social media properties
- Applicants must be willing to have both previous works and the final product of the funded project posted to and displayed on SAAFF’s website and/or social media channels and agreed upon events