Application Deadline November 5th.
The Seattle COVID-19 Disaster Relief Fund for Immigrants is $7,940,000 of funding for direct cash assistance to Seattle’s most vulnerable low-income immigrant residents and their households. This program prioritizes applicants who were ineligible for federal CARES Act Economic Impact Payments (also known as a “coronavirus stimulus check”) and state unemployment insurance based on their immigration status.
If you are ready to apply, go to the online application here.
- Application open period: 3 weeks, from October 15, 2020 to November 5, 2020
- Application review period: 2 weeks, from November 9, 2020 to November 22, 2020
- Award decisions (approved or denied): November 23, 2020 to November 30, 2020
- Payment disbursement: After December 1, 2020
Award Amounts per Household, (dependent on household size):
- $1,000 – $3,000
To apply, you must meet ALL of the requirements below:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Live in OR attend school in OR work within the Seattle city boundaries
- Were ineligible for federal CARES Act Economic Impact Payment (also known as a “coronavirus stimulus check”) due to immigration status
- Were under 50% of the median household income in Seattle in the past 9 months. The income eligibility chart can be found below.
For example, if you are applying for a family of four, and your household total income between January 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020 is less than $41,513, then your family would be eligible.