Africatown Community Land Trust (“ACLT”) stands with our community during this unprecedented time. In continuing our work to ensure that the our community continues to grow and thrive in place, ACLT’s Build Africatown COVID-19 Response Fund (“The Fund”) serves our community’s renters, homeowners and small business owners, specifically.
The Fund will provide cash relief to individuals who need assistance with rent, mortgage payments, or small business expenses.
We are particularly focused on helping individuals who were denied from other forms of relief, and those who contribute meaningfully to the community.
1. This fund will provide a $500 housing security grant or $1,000 business grant to those who qualify. Assistance will be granted based on available funds. (There are less funds available for funding businesses at this time)
2. For priority consideration, please show:
a. Proof of application to other financial relief programs (we want to maximize your access to resources)
b. Examples of your service to the community (volunteer, donate, youth worker, nonprofit, artist, etc.)
3. The funding will be paid as follows:
a. For renters, the funding will be paid directly to your landlord
b. For homeowners, the funding will be paid directly to your mortgage company
c. For business owners, the funding will be paid to your business
i. If granted, a w9 form will be requested before payment to your business
4. All applicants must show proof of their status; applicant name must match each document:
a. For renters, your lease
b. For homeowners, your mortgage statement
c. For business owners, your current business license
5. Submit one application only; if you’re a homeowner/renter and business owner, you must choose one.
6. A full application will require you to email your proof documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Once all documents are received, your application will be processed. Partial applications will not be reviewed.
8. All submitted documents will be used for processing only and will be shredded directly after usage.
9. Applicants will be notified via email about the status of their application within one week.
10. All applications will be processed in the order they are received.
11. If a question does not apply to you, please choose or write N/A (not applicable)